Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 44 - Over One Year! Can't Believe how time flies.

Hello!!
 
First of all, Mom, thank you so much for the letter with all the pictures!!! We were gone from our apartment from Tuesday to Friday night going to zone conferences and things, and that was the best surprise ever to find that letter sitting on my desk when I got home! Those babies are adorable - those are my new favorite pictures to show people :) And Mom and Dad you both look great! Are you losing weight? People are still always surprised when they see you in pictures and find out you are my parents. By the way, I just met an elder who is coming to your mission - he arrives in Japan in December, his name is Elder Nukaya - his older brother just finished serving here in Sapporo so his family came to pick him up. His brother was a fabulous missionary - I'm sure he will be too!
 
We had the last 3 of the 5 zone conferences this week - which meant that we were gone travelling from Tuesday morning to Friday night - going to Atsubetsu to Asahikawa to Hakodate, and then back to Sapporo - if you look those up on the map you can probably get an idea of how all over the place we were. All of the travelling though gives me lots of time to think, and get some things done. Its hard to believe that I hit my one year mark this thursday. To express gratitude for this wonderful year, and to start off my last six months, I decided to fast and make some goals for the kind of missionary that I want to be, and the kind of person that I want to become. I want to be bold. I want to be diligent. I want to be humble. I want to be in tune with the spirit and follow its promptings courageously. And I want to record my experienes and blessings everyday in my journal - even if its just one line - to do it EVERY day. I want to be an instrument in the Lord's hand, and do all in my power to be the best instument I can be.
 
I love this work! I love being a missionary and being with other missionaries. I love working with the members. In "The Work of Salvation" broadcast that they had recently they talked alot about changing our image of missionary work with the members. Up until now it has been How can the members help the missionaries - but in reality it should and really is just the opposite. We as missionaries are here to help the members do the kind of missionary work that they want to do. Missionaries need to think, not how can the ward help us, but how can we help the ward? We are very excited now to change the way people think of missionay work - and to see so many blessings that will come through being united with the ward. We are already seeing so many - we have about 3 or 4 members who have friends that they are working with to invite them to hear the gospel. Its and exciting time!
 
I love you all so much! I hope you all have a wonderful day and week! The gospel is true. never doubt!
 
Love,
 
Sister Budge


Pictures! At Tanukikouji (a shopping street), and in the APs car on the way to a Zone Conference about 2 1/2 hours out of Sapporo, in Asahikawa.





More Pictures! Splits in Hakodate, and at the Cherry picking activity with the ward

No comments:

Post a Comment