Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 43 - Hakadote!

Dear Family, 

This week was a blast! We got to go down to Hakodate on splits for a few days - it was beautiful, we got to go and dendo by the bay, and see a beautiful sunset. I also got to be companions with Sister Smith, who I actually went to BYU with. She was my next door neighbor and visiting teaching companion in the dorms. We got to be companions again! She actually sprained her ankle this week, so we had to do some call dendo- but we were able to make 2 appointments, in just about an hour! It was a little miracle for us, as neither one of us feels particularly confident about call dendo :) 
On Saturday, we went to the ward activity - All you can eat Cherry picking! We went with a lot of students from Eikaiwa, and some of our investigators and had a really good time with the ward. We all ate way too many cherries, and we even had a cherry pit spitting contest, which the Bishop actually pulled out and won! We made him a congratulations certificate and scones the next morning, and gave it to him at church - he was so happy about it, he even showed the card to the whole ward from the pulpit! After church yesterday I went to my first Nagasoumen - which is like a linger longer where they set up a series of half pipe tubes and run a hose down it, and then put cold soba noodles down the river of water. Then everyone stands by the pipes with their bowls and chopsticks and picks up the noodles as they float by - it was so much fun! I don't know if I have ever seen a better way to play with your food :D 
I saw Becky's cousin this week too! We stopped by to see if they were home, and she was out on the street and we were able to talk for a while - she really is so nice! Hopefully we'll be able to see them a lot more now that I am actually going to the Moiwa ward. 

We are going to have a pretty busy week this week - with Zone conferences and more splits - but we will actually have more time to dendo here in Odori than last week I think which we are excited about :) Its kind of a strange feeling to really only be in your area on weekends - and very strange how much it feels like home when we get back from splits!

I will try to attach some pictures, and then I am about out of time. 

Favorite Scripture of the week : 
Mosiah 18:20-21 - We go to church to have our hearts knit together in unity and love. (Might sound familiar to the Tokyo mission kana? :) )

I love you all!!

Love, 

Sister Budge

(PS David, I haven't heard of any changes concerning dendoing with facebook or anything like that - but they made it sound like those kind of things are coming huh? that will be interesting to see how that works out... ) 


hakodate, and a members bike that I thought Dan might like to see :)
Inline image 1

Naga Soumen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment