Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 37 - It is Spring!

Dear Family,
 
 
Well I think the biggest thing this week was definitely the Ongaku  no Yube that we had on Saturday Night! It turned out really good I think, and there were a lot of people that showed up! They kept on having to bring more and more chairs in to make room for everyone that wanted to sit. I performed Savior, Redeemer of My Soul, with about six sisters that joined me on the last verse in harmonies and I felt pretty good about it. I was praying really hard all week that it would sound okay, and that someone would be able to feel the spirit through that song - it is such a beautiful song and I just wanted to be able to do it justice. I felt that the actual performance turned out to be the best I have done it so far, and as I was talking to people afterwards, there were a lot of people that said that they felt the spirit really strong during that song - some even said it was their favorite! I was so grateful that God anwered my prayers, and that so many people were kind enough to let me know that they were able to feel the spirit. They did make a recording, so at some point I think they are planning on making a CD- it will probably take a while though.
 
This week was really busy with different Eikaiwas, and advertising for Eikaiwa and the concert, and practices and things, so we really weren't able to dendo as much as we wanted to this week, but we were able to find some new investigators, and meet and make appointments with a lot of the members as well. I love the ward where we are focusing right now. It is called the Toyohira ward, and they are just a really good small ward - and probably one of the most welcoming wards that I have ever been too! They are seeing a lot of miracles right now, and I think everyone has a lot of dendo spirit, which makes it really fun to be there.
 
The weather is beautiful here now - it is definitely spring! There are still a lot of sakura out, but they are mostly finishing up now. It has been fun to have so many more people out on the streets to talk too, because the weather is so nice!
 
Mom, I loved reading your letter about how you feel when you speak in public that God is really strengthening you and allowing you to be able to do that. I feel the same way everyday as I talk to people on the streets and just pray that they will understand my Japanese, and that I will know what to say to them! I know that He really does help us when we are trying to speak for Him! That is probably one of my favorite feelings in the world. I am excited to attend one your firesides sometime, and hear you speak! I am sure you are both wonderful!
 
Glad also to hear that Becky and Reid made it safely home! Mom, you asked if there was anything I wanted in a care package - Really the only thing I can think of is family photos! Either on an SD card, or printed photos, either one is fine, but old family photos, family reunion pictures, my new nephews!, my baptism (if those pictures exist...? ) just any you think might be good to show people here :) And I will really try to send you some pictures soon! I planned on sending some today, but the card reader isn't working out for me for some reason... gomennasai! I know it has been a while since I have sent any home.
 
I just talked to Sister Evans and she said she will be putting up a video on the internet in the next couple of days of the concert, and to send her love to you Mom and Dad!
 
I love you all so much~ Have a wonderful week, and I will see you next week,
 
Love,
 
Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment