Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 49 -

Dear Family, 

Happy September! I don't know if its happy or not, I can't believe how fast the time is flying by - its going way too fast! I am pretty sure that summer has ended now - its been raining pretty solidly for the past few weeks, and everyone seems pretty skeptical about the temperatures getting back up again - it is a perfect temperature for dendo - not too hot that you sweat a ton, but not too cold that you have to wear a coat :) its weird to be experiencing autumn here for the second time here - I love Hokkaido so much though, it is a beautiful place. 

We had a really good week! We had ZTM, and a big koukan with the sisters, and we were able to have a lot of member present lessons as well. It really makes such a big difference to have a member in the lesson, they just add so much experience, and just a better connection to the world that the investigators are living in so to speak - as missionaries we can form a really strong bond, but the members can definitely relate a lot more. 
We went to visit a less active member this week, her name is Ogawa Satoko and she is maybe in her 70s or 80s now - she suffers from Alzheimers (spl?) but she loves when we come over, and cries every time we sing a hymn together. She is so sweet. And actually has a really good voice! She showed us the first Book of Mormon that she received from the missionaries after she got baptized, and I looked at the address written there and it said 5 Dawn Hill Sandy, UT! Isn't that in Pepperwood? I don't know if Michael Day is still living there, but I feel like I have heard his name before... do you know anything about him? It'd be fun to get in touch with him somehow! 
Inline image 1

I am just about out of time this week, but I have to say before I leave, Grandma and Grandpa Budge - THANK YOU SO MUCH For the family reunion pictures and the explanatory letter with it! Oh my goodness you have a lot of great grandkids - and quite a few that I didn't even know about!! Congratulations everyone!! I have loved showing those pictures to people - I love our family!! 
Also, JANNA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your first birthday as a mother, I hope it was wonderful in every way! You are an amazing sister, I love you so much!

I love you all so much! I love this gospel, and I love this work! 

Have a great week!

Love, 

Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment