Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 47 - Rain is poring all around!

Dear Family, 

Well another week has flown by - I don't know where the time goes! We did our first couple of exchanges this week with some sisters in Sapporo - I love going on exchanges! It is always so inspiring to see the other sisters and their diligence and love for the work. It is especially amazing to me now to see almost all of our sisters training - and so many of them still so very young in transfers - but they all are trusting in the Lord, and I know that "he will prepare a way for them to accomplish" this great work! 
I got to go back to Atsubetsu again this week, and meet an investigator that I taught when I was there - his name is Ohashi san. We taught him when I was in a threesome there, and so we could actually go inside to teach him. He has interest in learning about Christ, because he is intrigued by the incredible influence that he had on the world - but he doesn't have any desire to go any where beyond "knowledge". I guess since I have been gone there were some things that happened with the other missionaries and he stopped meeting with them - so he was super surprised that we came by. But we were able to have a really good conversation, and talk really openly about everything that happened, I was able to bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the restoration, and in the end I think we were able to leave him with more positive feelings towards the missionaries and the church - and although he isn't really interested in taking discussions or anything he did say that he would try and come to eikaiwa - if not anything else that will at least help him to have again a positive image of the church again, and feel comfortable coming there. He also loves skiing and travelling, so I told him if he was ever in Utah to give us a call - he said he would! Maybe I can take him on a tour of Temple Square or something :) 

I can't remember if I told you or not, but for the musical number we have decided to do How Great Thou Art - we have me and Elder Sotto singing, and an Elder Mecham playing the piano for us - they are both amazing musicians so I am really excited about it. We are performing on the 8th of September - so we've got a few weeks. I'll see if I can record a few practices and try and send them home :) 

This week I was reading the Book of Mormon, and I came across a scripture that I have never really noticed before, but I LOVE IT!!  It is Jacob 3:1-2.

 "But behold, I Jacob would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction. 
O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love: for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever."

Pray with faith, and he will console you! He will plead your cause! So lift up your heads, and accept His pleasing word, accept his invitation for help. Feast upon his love forever - because you can! It has no end, and he will never turn away from you. 
I know that our Heavenly Father is our Loving Father in heaven. He knows and loves and desires to bless each and everyone of His children. I am so grateful and humbled by this opportunity to be a part of that great work, and I want to make the best of every single moment. 

Thank you all for your examples, and your love! I feel your love and prayers always, and you are in mine also!

Love, 

Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment