Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 23 - Doing the Little Things....


Dear Family -
 
Congratulations Janna and Phil on your new baby boy!! Colton Cape Badger is so adorable!!! I can't wait to see lots of pictures of him over the next year until I get to meet him in person. You are going to be fabulous parents!!
 
This week has been super busy - and those are the best kinds of weeks! This next week is transfers - and our threesome is for sure going to dissolve so we are all pretty nervous about this next transfer. Who knows where I will be writing from next week - I hope it is Atsubetsu, I do not want to transfer! I LOVE all of our investigators and the members are amazing, and I love my companions too! This transfer has really been the best! We'll see what happens. Hopefully there will be some sort of miracle and all three of us will be able to stay companions here!
 
This week I am grateful that the Lord is always so patient with me. He knows what I need, and he always gives me second chances - sometimes many more when I am being a little slow. I am learning that when I feel the spirit telling me to do something to just do it! If you don't sometimes you will get a second chance to follow it, and sometimes you won't. This week as we were streeting we came across a lady with a dog - we stopped and talked to her for a bit, mainly focusing on her dog and building a natural type conversation from that. But before we could talk about the gospel the lady walked away and continued her walk. I was super dissappointed about it - but we continued on our way, determined to talk to the next person we saw, which we did, and just kept on our way. Then about 30 minutes later we ran into the same lady with her dog! I guess her walking route had led her in a perfect circle right to where we were still walking! We were able to talk to her again and invite her to come to church and give her a flyer. I don't know if she will come or not, but I was so grateful for that second chance that God gave us to talk to her, and plant even just that little seed. Later that same day, we were housing. We were planning on taking the bus home after we knocked on doors for about an hour - we left the area we had planned to house in to check the bus time before we went back to where we had planned. Right by the bus stop there was a house, and right when I saw it, I really felt like we should knock on their door - but we didn't have that much time and we had planned to house a different area so I ignored my feeling, rationalizing that it probably wouldn't come to anything anyway, and right now we busy. we housed in the other area for about an hour, and then headed back to the bus stop. We ended up being about 20 minutes early, and we passed that same house and again I felt a stong prompting to ring their doorbell. This time I decided that if I didn't at least try I would regret it - so I told my companions that I wanted to stop and we rang their doorbell. I'm so glad that I did! We met a super nice couple, the Matsumotos. At first just the wife came out, but as we kept talking she asked us to wait for a minute and went to the kitchen. As often happens with super nice people like her, we thought she was going to bring us some sort of food or treat - but instead she surprised us by introducing her to her husband!! That was definitely a first! We were able to talk to them a bit, and we have an appointment to meet with them again tomorrow!! I am super excited, and again I was so grateful that God gave me a second chance to follow the prompting to do something as simple as knock on a door.
 
I know that this is the Lord's work, and that if I will just follow the promptings that he gives me we can see miracles!!
This week, the Snow Festival has been going in Sapporo - we haven't had a chance to see it yet, but we are going as a district today - it will be day time so we won't be able to see teh light shows they have, but I am super excited to see the sculptures!
 
I know this church is true, and I love it!! I love you all! And Happy Valentines Day!!
 
Love,  Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment