Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 21 - Six Months?!


Konnichiwa!
 
Well another week has gone by here in Sapporo, which actually marks 6 months since I entered the MTC. It is going by way too fast!! A lot has happened in these past six months! I have really come to love the people here - I am already starting to miss the people in Obihiro, and I haven:t even been away from them for a full transfer yet! So far I have had four companions, and I love every single one! I have to say that being in a threesome is the best! If I could be in threesomes the rest of my mission I would love it! I really feel like every single companion I have had has helped me to grow in the way that I needed to most at the time. I love all the members in Obihiro and Atsubetsu - they are amazing! So many of them are so excited about missionary work and sharing the gospel with their friends. I have also been so impressed with how much they reach out to us missionaries! After all we are only in their wards for a transfer or two, and then new ones come through - but even still they take the time to get to know us and have us over for dinner and what not - I definitely want to be better about supporting the missionaries in my ward when I get back - I feel like I didn:t do anything before! And then of course all the investigators that we have been able to meet with. I have learned that just when you feel like you have met every type of person there is to meet - you meet another one. Everyone truly is unique and different and each one just as special and needed as the next. Some people take more time than others, some people have harder shells than others - and every one has a different background and different needs. I have learned that there is no one perfect lesson plan that works for everyone - but while the order of things may be different this is a perfect message that is for everyone. It truly does amaze me how no matter how many different kinds of people we meet, no matter how different they may be from anyone we have met before - the answers they are looking for are in this gospel! I love it! Recently I have been looking back over my journal and planners up to this point - it is amazing to me how much can happen in a week! My planning skills have definitely improved since becoming a missionary! One day this week we had 4 lessons back to back - we just barely had time to travel between them.
In summary - being a missionary is the BEST. There is nothing else that I would rather be doing. There is no where else I would rather be doing it. Its so much fun!
We had a zone conference this week and the APs did a work shop about the attributes of Christ. At one part they showed a video from the new Bible videos they made recently of the Good Samaritan. It is a great video! After watching it one of the assistants pointed out an analogy that I had never thought of before. The Good Samaritan can be compared to Christ - he carries us out of even our deepest trials and has given us all that we need to make it through. He paid the price for us. He saved us. But we have never seen him. He has no desire for praise or glory, and we just simply have to trust that he was there, and that he did sacrifice so much for us. I loved it! It was a whole new perspective for me.
 
It's so great to hear from all of you! I will be waiting anxiously to see baby pictures next week if he decides to come on time! I will be praying for you Janna! Jeremy, do you know when you are leaving for Africa yet? Becky, that picture is adorable!! Mom, it was fun to see you doing the Mochitsuki too - it really does look like we are having exactly the same experience! Dad, I:m glad you got the letter- sorry it was so late! I heard that the Kobe mission is getting a huge amount of new sisters this transfers - more than they have right now! Are you seeing any increases in the numbers in Tokyo yet? I love you all! You are the best!
 
 
This gospel is true!
 
Love,
 
Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment