Sunday, April 14, 2013

Week 32 - I Love Conference!

Dear Family,

Well the weather is warming up every day here, and we even started riding our bikes this week which I am super excited about!! It feels so much better to be out in the sun with the wind on your face then down in the subway train. It is also so much faster to get places now! We got to the Honbu in 10 minutes instead of the usual 30 to do email - I am looking forward to spring!!

I hope you all had the chance to watch conference - it was amazing!! Some of my favorite talks in a nutshell were
Quentin L. Cook - Christ does not promise universal peace - he promises personal peace if we choose to accept it, and it is only through individuals at peace with themselves that anyone can hope for universal peace (it reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures, Ether 12:4 - "Whosoever shall believe in God, shall with a surety hope for a better world") Sometimes we get people who reject us on the street on the claim that religion causes war - if they only knew the peace it could bring to them.
Craig A. Cardon - Christ wants so badly to forgive us, and help us to improve. He allows for improvement over time - he doesn't demand immediate perfection. How grateful I am for that!
Dieter F. Uchtdorf - Darkness exists - but so does light! No matter what dark circumstances we may find ourselves in - nothing can take away the light within yourself. That light, that comes from the light of Christ can shine and overcome any darkness in the world.
Rosemary M. Wixom - Talking and writing to children - they are so influenced by the examples around them, and we have so much to learn from them if we take the time to listen. As a missionary I have seen just as many if not more honest faithful examples and disciples of Christ in children as in adults. I love kids so much!

There are so many more that I really loved and that I felt were really speaking to me, but these were some of the highlights :)

I know that this gospel is true! I know that God loves each and everyone of his children, and that he knows each one of them perfectly. Because of that he knows exactly who we need around us to help us become who we need to become, and he knows who needs our help to grow as well. If we trust in the Lord I know that he will guide us and teach us not only what we need to learn from those around us, but also how we need to help.

Jeremy and Lizzi, I loved reading your letter and seeing those pictures! That is so neat that 27 people all got baptized on the same day, and that you got to baptize one of the kids you are working with! I wish I could have heard Lizzi's talk on the Holy Ghost - I bet it was wonderful! By the way, Jeremy you have grown quite the impressive beard!
Danny, I am glad that everything worked out with your cut/bite/thing! You had me worried for a few minutes there with that email! That is so neat that you were able to watch conference with some of your friends too! Did you have a favorite talk??

I hope everyone is doing wonderfully! I love you all with all my heart! I am so grateful for the knowledge that we will be an eternal family. I am so grateful to be a missionary here in Hokkaido and feel my family growing larger with every person I meet!

Love,

Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment