Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Week 19 - I am Officially an Adult in Japan!

Dearest Family!!

Thank you Mom, Dad, Landon, and Becky for your emails! Its always so much fun to hear from everyone! Today was kind of a crazy schedule as far as emailing goes, there was a huge EFY training meeting and we couldn't use internet all day so we moved our P-day time to night, and now we just have a little bit of time to write - with three of us it always takes a little longer so it's gonna be a little short this week probably - I keep hoping that one of these days I will have time to write to everyone I want to write to... we'll see if that day ever comes. Until then - just know I love you all! And also that this weekly email is very much for you as well :)

That is so exciting to hear about everyones mission calls!! I don't even know what to say, I couldn't be happier about it!! ;) Thank you mom for keeping my updated on who is receiving their calls!

I wrote Grandma Budge a letter last week, hopefully it will arrive soon - but Grandma you are always in my prayers, and I love you so much! Get better soon.

This past week has been a blast! I love working in a threesome. Sister Northrop and Sister Nanjo are SO much fun, and such hard workers - I really am so grateful for the chance that I have been given to work with them. This week we met with the Bishop about the ward mission plan, which talks alot about focusing on families. We are so excited about this theme, and actually most of our investigators now are families, or have small children - it is a lot of fun. In Obihiro, in the county we taught mostly older people, but here in the city most everyone is younger. Its been super fun. One family has been coming to Eikaiwa for a while, they have four little kids ages 5-11 ish who all love to learn English, and are super fun. Oh yeah, Eikaiwa has changed a little since coming to Atsubetsu - I am teaching a kids class now! Last week was my first time ever teaching kids anything really - it was a little hard to keep them focused sometimes, but it was so much fun! The subject was weather so we drew lots of pictures, and I drew on my primary days to teach them all "Once there was a snowman" ;) They loved it! There were about 7 or 8 kids and 3-4 moms that were in the class - I am going to have to start getting a lot more creative with teaching English! If anyone has any tips for teaching kids - mostly preschool age - I would love to hear :) For now we're just gonna sing and draw!

I feel like my emails are always super jumbled, and I'm never sure if they make any sense really, but I'm about out of time, so I will end by sharing a favorite scripture of the week;
1 Nephi 3:7 - I read this this week and thought I'd put it to the test and think of the hardest commandment that the Lord has given us, and then to see if I could find a way that he has shown us how to accomplish it. There are so many commandments, and sometimes many of them might seem hard, but God does not tell us to do anything impossible - I would challenge you to all think of something that seems impossible to you right now, and then test Nephi's testimony and see if after prayer and studying it out you don't find a way that God has prepared for you to do it.

Thank you for everything! I love you all! I'll try to send some pictures, and maybe write a littlle more coherently next week ;)

Love,

Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment