Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 54 - Happy October!!

Hello!

Well it has been another crazy week here in Sapporo! I was gone for most of the week on splits, which made the week fly by even faster! Just when I get back and ready to work in Odori again it is Sunday and the week is nearly over again! It really makes us use the time we have wisely! We are also gearing up for a Zone Training Meeting this week - we are doing a workshop on Teaching with Your Companion in Unity, and then next week we have three zone conferences where we are introducing the new Family English program that we are starting up here soon. It will be a good week!

I can't believe how fast October is flying by! It does not feel like it is going to be my birthday this week - my second and last birthday as a missionary - not sure how I feel about that!
Dendo is such a blessing! Recently as I have had the chance to work with some of the younger missionaries I have had a chance to remember and reflect on how my dendo has changed since I was a bean. I have learned how to more naturally tie the gospel into everyday conversations. I am getting better at asking questions that help people really think about the message we have to offer. I still have lots to learn and many many ways to improve - but I know I have grown. Especially now as an STL getting to go on splits all the time - I feel like I just learn constantly from everyone. I think that is why they called me as an STL - they knew I needed to learn more than anyone else!

I will end with a simple suggestion for scripture study - recently I started reading the Old Testament and decided to compare Moses with Genesis as I read. I can't think of anything that has made me more appreciative for modern day scripture!! There is nothing that is in the BIble that is not in Moses - but an incredible amount in Moses that is lost in the Bible. And those little things all testify so powerfully and simply and wonderfully of Jesus Christ as the Son of God - reading Moses testifies so plainly of the Godhead from the very beginning of the world. I couldn't stop reading it! So if anyone is looking for a fascinating place to study, and a way to increase your testimony of the Savior - I would suggest a comparison study of moses and Genesis. 

Thank you all for your birthday emails! I have the greatest family ever! 

The gospel is true, and I love you all!

Love, 

Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment