Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 13 - Transfer Week!

Hello!

I was able to buy a card reader today, so hopefully you were able to receive the pictures I sent! My card is getting pretty full so I may send it home pretty soon - but for now you have a sneak peak :) 

This week was extremely busy! It was transfers week, and my companion transferred to Odori in Sapporo so we were really really busy visiting members and investigators and packing on Tuesday and Wednesday,and very early Thursday morning before getting on a bus to go to Sapporo for a Special Sisters Training Meeting and Transfers. Although I was sad to lose my trainer, I have an awesome new companion named Sister Seto - she was actually MTC companions with my trainer! They are very different- Sister Kise has more energy and more genki than probably anyone I:ve ever met, and Sister Seto is super sweet and very quiet - its a transition, but I love them both! It really feel that both Sister Kise and Sister Seto were and are exactly the companions that I need to grow and learn - it truly is an inspired process! There is a lot of change with transfers, and its a little nerve wracking - i am now the area senpai not just with Sister Seto, but with the now 6 elders in the Obihiro ward now too! We got 5 new missionaries in the ward - they opened a new area actually! We are all super excited about that. One of the APs became a trainer and is opening the new area - I have a lot of respect for him, that is a hard situation to be in! But he is doing a great job, and I think the ward is getting more excited about missionary work now that they see it growing and expanding. 

Transfers for sisters are actually a lot of fun! We all meet at the honbu for lunch, and then we have an SSTM (special sisters training meeting) where we are trained from sister Evans and the returning sister missionaries. While we were at the Honbu, Sister Evans gave me a present from you, Mom and Dad, from Korea! I was so surprised! I love it, thank you so much! I actually forgot to bring a scarf with me and it ended up snowing the next day, so it was  very timely gift :) Then we get to go on exchanges for the night within sapporo, spend the night, and then meet the next day for lunch and then go to our new areas with our new companions. I got to work with a gaijin sister for a day, it was a blast! It was the first time for either one of us to do so. Her name is Sister Northrop - her dad actually served in Fukuoka about the same time as you Dad, does the name sound familiar? It was energizing and refreshing to meet all the other sisters and President and Sister Evans - they are really fabulous. 

I am running short on time this week, so that will have to do for now - I love you all, I know this gospel is true! I know that God lives, and that he loves all of his children. I know that he has a plan for each one of us, and that everything that happens is for our good in the end. DandC 121-122. "Fear not what man can do for God shall be with you forever and ever."

Thank you for your letters and you love! 

Love, 

Sister Budge



No comments:

Post a Comment