Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 9 - All The Way Under :)

Hello! :)

This week went by so fast, I can't even believe it! It was a great week - I don't know where to begin!

I had my first zone conference this week and I got to meet the other missionaries in my zone for the first time which was a lot of fun. We received training from President and Sister Evans and Elder and Sister Ross (the office couple) and the assistants - it was a fabulous conference - it was just what I needed! There are about 12 missionaries in my zone, sister kise and I being the only sisters. It is a really good group of missionaries!

We were able to meet with Onodera san 3 times this week! Twice at her house, and once when she came to church for the first time yesterday! She has a baptismal date for the 18th, and she is so excited about it! We were kind of worried this week about teaching her the Word of Wisdom - she is the first person that I have taught it to on my mission. We were pretty nervous about it. We were able to have a member with us in the lesson, and it actually went really well! She only drinks tea and coffee right now (we thought that she might have a problem with tobacco, but it turns out that that is her husband, not her!) And she committed to follow it! Our next appointment is tomorrow, we'll see how its going :) She is amazing! It is SO FUN to see the change that the gospel brings to peoples lives! She was always an amazing person, but since she has decided that she wants to be baptized, and has been reading the Book of Mormon, and gaining a testimony she has just gained this extra light about her, she really just glows with the light of the gospel - its beautiful!! She had a really good experience at church too - she even got to see a baptismal service of an 8 year old in the ward! I think we needed to do a little bit more explaining before the baptism - she understood the part about making a promise with God to remember him and keep his commandments - the thing she was most surprised about was the water! She didn't realize that you actually go all the way under - I guess we never really explained that part :) Just one more evidence that Sister Kise and I really play a very minimal part :) We are just there to help her along as she comes to know her Heavenly Father and she really is coming to know him! It's so amazing to be a part of this work. I love it! :)

We are keeping busy here in Obihiro, trying as much as possible to have appointments so that we don't have to be outside!! Yesterday was probably the coldest day I've had here so far - it was cloudy and windy, and it gets dark around 4:30 here now so a lot of our streeting/housing time is pretty cold now a days. But the warmth of the spirit keeps us going! :)

I love you all! Thank you for your letters and your prayers! :)
Sorry this week is pretty short - I'll try to write more next week!

Love,

Sister Budge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment