Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 3 - Hello From Obihiro!


Dear Family,
 
Thank you for all of your letters this week! I am thorougly convinced that I have the best family in the world :) And I am very glad that all of you are still alive! David after getting hit in the face with a fence pushed by 20 cows, Mom with cabniets crashing down around her, and Danny cutting 30 seconds off his cross country time - I'm pretty sure the human body isn't supposed to be able to do that in one week! Then again, Danny's endurance level has never been that of a normal human body :) Omedetou! Janna's record is looking more and more reachable all the time! ganbatte! Speaking of Janna, I was very disappointed to not get an email from you this week with your news!! Next week onegaishimasu! :)
 
This week has been super busy as always, but great! We were able to meet with a couple that both have a lot of interest in the church, and the girl actually speaks English! But her boyfriend doesn't, so we do the lesson in kind of half english half japanese - which is nice because she can help me with words that I don't know and translate them on the spot - its very convenient. They are really interesting, they both want to get baptized, but have a hard time coming to church because she is the owner of a bar and works until really early morning on sunday. So we're trying to figure out a way for them to come - hopefully next week!
By the way, someone quoted your repentance talk in sacrament meeting the week before I got here (I forgot who...) but my companion sister Kise really loved it, and refers to it all the time. Could you maybe send me a copy in english and japanese if you have it? We would both really love a copy :)
 
Oh, other exciting thing that happened this week, was our music night! We got to go to Sapporo for one night and most of the missionaries from the mission all got together for a music program that we performed for members and investigators, and anyone else that wanted to come - it was a much bigger deal than I was imagining. I was picturing a talent show type setting, just singing in the chapel - oh no. There were lights, tons of microphones, - they recorded it both sound and visual, I think its going to be on YouTube soon even, and they are making CDs afterwards - it was kind of really nerve wracking at first, but it turned out to be really fun! The spirit is always so strong through music.
 
The more I study and the more I teach this gospel the more I realize that even though it seems incredibly challenging in Japanese sometimes, it is incredibly simple. It really all boils down to Heavenly Father's love for us and His desire for us to return to live with him again someday. He wants us to return to him, so he created a plan, and tells us how to follow it through prophets, both ancient and modern ones. But because we all need a greater power than ourselves to return to God's presence, he also provided a Savior for us, Jesus Christ, whose sacrifice and resurrection make it all possible. The more I study, teach, and live this gospel, the more I know that it is true. I know that God loves ALL of his children. I know that if we follow the plan he has given us that we can live with him again, eternally with our families. I know that this is all possible through Jesus Christ - I am so grateful for him. This gospel is truly the only way to true happiness! Scripture of the week :
 
Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and HAPPY state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven that threby they may dwell with God in a state of NEVERENDING HAPPINESS. O remember, remember that these things are true".
 
These things are true!
 
Love,
 
Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment