Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 5


Dear Family!
 
Well this is the last email that I am going to send from the MTC! I can't believe how fast it has gone by - I am so excited/nervous/anxious/ecstatic about leaving on Monday! Although I know I have a long ways to go in the language and in teaching, I feel good enough about the base that I have gotten here to know that I will make it in Japan with the Lord's help! That has been my favorite and most common realization here at the MTC is that as a missionary you really don't do anything but invite the spirit, and then he takes care of the rest. I am so grateful for that! He is infinitely more powerful than I could ever be, so the spirit is a good third companion to have :)
 
Well I am back in the Japanese district now, as of yesterday, and again I have a great companion, and the district is really great. Everyone is really excited to be leaving so soon! The blessings just keep on coming! I got to go to the Provo temple one last time this morning, the last chance I'll have for the next 18 months unless the Sapporo temple opens up while I'm there - which i hope it does! I am going to miss the temple, it is such a beautiful place.
 
Happy Anniversay Mom and Dad! I forgot to tell you on Friday! Gomen! It sounds like you had a lovely get a way for a day - I'm glad you did you definitely deserve it! By the way, practically everyone in the Japanese branch has seen your picture on the wall, and everyone says that I look exactly like you mom! So I feel pretty flattered about that :)
 
Email time goes by far too quickly here at the MTC - they only give us 30 minutes on email, so I have to wrap this up. I am so grateful that I am here on a mission. I love being a missionary and learning so much everyday about the gospel and about myself and about how to teach. I know that this work is guided by the Lord because there is NO other way that thousands of 19-24ish year old elders and sisters could do it. He truly does use weak things of the world to work his miracles. I love this gospel, and I love my family! You are so supportive and such great examples to me all the time! Until Japan then!!
 
Love,
Sister Budge

No comments:

Post a Comment